At Arc-i Welding Industries we provide a full range of BOC welding, shielding, hospitality and medical gases.
If you would like to make an order for delivery to your location, fill out the gas order form below or give us a call. Our details are on the ‘contact us’ page.
Details of the gases we supply and their suitable applications are displayed below.
Nitrogen is inert to nearly all substances at ambient temperatures and moderate conditions. Nitrogen keeps laser cut faces oxide-free, due to the chemical inertness, to react with the atmosphere. Common applications include:
- Blanketing and purging applications to displace or dilute all unwanted gas or vapour
- Inerting reactors and storage tanks
- Purging vessels and pipelines
- Tyre inflation: helps to extend tyre life and prevent tyre bursts
- Shielding or assist gas for plasma cutting aluminium and stainless steel, and as an assist gas for laser cutting
- Pressurising accumulators for batch-testing applications
BOC oxygen is typically supplied with a purity of 99.5% or higher. Colourless and odourless. Does not burn, but supports and accelerates combustion. Common applications include:
- Used with a fuel gas for cutting, welding, brazing and soldering. The use of oxygen gives higher flame temperatures than if air is used.
- In plasma and laser cutting steel, an arc or a laser beam is used to heat the steel to its ignition temperature. Oxygen is then used in the same way as with oxygen cutting to create an exothermic reaction and to blow away any metal oxide or slag
- Thermal lancing oxygen is used in conjunction with the steel lance to create a high temperature melting process capable of drilling or cutting through materials such as concrete, brick, stone and most metals
- Used as an assist gas in lasers for cutting mild steel
The low auto-ignition temperature of acetylene means that minimal energy is required to ignite acetylene in air or oxygen. Highly reactive, acetylene is dissolved in acetone and contained within a porous mass inside the cylinder. Common applications include:
- Flame hardening – an oxyacetylene flame can be used where the hardened surface of carbon steel components is either in-situ as a remedial process or on components too large to fit in a furnace
- Flame cleaning – a wide oxyacetylene flame is held very close to a steel surface to be cleaned
- Thermal spraying of various metals and ceramics. The material to be sprayed is fed through the flame.
LPG FORKLIFT GAS
LPG is an energy source that can be easily stored and transported in containers. It is a transportation fuel that is cleaner and cheaper than Petrol. LPG can be composed of a mixture of hydrocarbons predominantly Propane.
- Engine fuel
- Portable with clean burning characteristics
- Easily combustible
Helium gas used for inflating balloons.
Beverage gas typically used for dispensing bulk stout forguiness.
Beverage gas typically used to dispense all beer types even some stout beers.
Food quality gas used in pressure beverage dispensing for bulk beer, cider and post-mix systems.
Gas Cylinder Size Identification
BOC cylinder sizes are denoted by a letter code. The gas content of cylinders is measured in cubic metres, litres or kilograms. If volume unit is given, it refers to standard temperature and pressure of 15°C (101.3 kPa). The illustration below is provided to give an approximate indication of cylinder heights in relation to the average person.
Gas Order Form